For a truly authentic winter experience, come to the Mt. Washington Valley, New England’s winter wonderland. Our central location, in the town of Bartlett, offers easy access to the areas fabulous ski resorts, miles of awesome snowmobile trails, snowshoe trails to beautiful ice covered waterfalls, lift serviced tubing parks, invigorating guided dogsledding trips, horse drawn sleigh rides, iceskating on either manmade rinks or natural ponds, and the best cross country skiing trails in the country! You will never run out of things to do outdoors.
If you’re seeking more indoor activities, enjoy our tax-free shopping in the many outlets and unique local shops. Savor the “flavor of the valley” at one of our local Valley Originals restaurants. Take the time to see that new movie at our local movie theater. Whatever you choose to do, a relaxing soak in our outdoor hot tub under the stars is always a fabulous way to end the day.
- 6 major downhill ski areas are located within a short drive of the inn: Attitash/Bear Peak (2 minutes), Cranmore (10 minutes), Black Mountain (15 minutes), Wildcat (20 minutes), Bretton Woods (25 minutes) and Cannon (30 minutes).
- 4 nordic network,s offering hundreds of kilometers of groomed cross-country trails, are also nearby: Bear Notch Ski Touring (10 minutes), Jackson Ski Touring (10 minutes), Great Glen Trails (25 minutes) and Bretton Woods (25 minutes).
- The #1 tubing park in the state of New Hampshire is located at Cranmore Mountain.
- Ride the mountain coaster at Cranmore or Attitash for a thrilling experience in any season.
- Miles of beautiful snowmobile trails – rentals and guided tours available at Northern Extremes
- Back country snow shoeing and cross-country skiing; miles and miles of trails are available at no cost!
- Ice-climbing at Cathedral Ledge, White Horse Ledge and Frankenstein Cliff.
- Ice skating – from the indoor ice arena in Conway, to the outdoor rink in Schouler Park, North Conway there is a setting to suit everyone.
- Seasonal Events such as the Snow Sculpting Contest in Jackson and the Polar Express.