Spring in Mt. Washington Valley, NH ushers in warmer weather with fun, adventure, t-shirt skiing and plenty of sweet maple treats! Whether you are looking to come out of your winter hibernation or soak up the warmer rays of spring with outdoor adventures, here are a few tips to help bring in a new season of fun. Fewer crowds and great weather can make for a fabulous escape. Great hiking, climbing, biking, paddling and shopping, as well as creative seasonal events, are just a few ideas listed below to help you plan your trip. Staying with us at the Covered Bridge House will put you in the ideal location to enjoy all of these great activities.
- Miles of hiking trails will take you to a scenic outlook, a hidden pond or a mountain summit.
- There are over 100 waterfalls in the White Mountains; some are easily seen from the road while others require a hike. Spring is a fabulous time to view these spectacular sites.
- With miles and miles of incredible terrain and views Mountain Biking in the White Mountains is fantastic. Mountain bikers can choose from old logging roads and mountain trails to trail networks at Great Glen Trails.
- Rock climbing at Cathedral Ledge, White Horse Ledge and Frankenstein Cliff.
- Wonderful paddle experiences along the Saco, Swift, Wildcat & Ellis Rivers during the spring time snow melts in April & May.
- As the days get warmer, lighter and longer animals come out of their winter slumbers and are more easily visible. The native black bear, moose and deer are easily spotted in the spring in addition to a multitude of birds and other wild animals.
- There are nine golf courses offering a wide range of experiences on more than 135 holes throughout the Mt. Washington Valley, all offering tee times to the public. Each course offers its own distinctive challenge and scenic appeal. We offer our fabulous Free Midweek Golfing package only in the Spring. Stay with us for two midweek nights, Sunday – Thursday and along with a full country breakfast each morning, we will include a round of golf for two people, with a cart, absolutely free! The participating golf courses are Hale’s Location, Androscoggin Valley, North Conway Country Club,Province Lake, Indian Mound, Waumbek, Wentworth, Mountain View Grand, Bridgton Highlands, Lake Kezar Country Club and the Mount Washington Resort Golf Club.
- Skiing or snowboarding in Mount Washington’s Tuckerman Ravine is a “Rite of Spring” for many Easterners. If you want to tackle some of the most challenging backcountry skiing in the eastern United States, Tuckerman Ravine is the original and most famous place to do so.
- Seasonal Events such as the March Maple Madness Inn-to-Inn tour, where participants will get a first hand look at the process of making maple syrup from collecting the sap from the trees to boiling it down as well as enjoying maple goodies while touring the participating inns; the family friendly Wildquack Duck race in Jackson on Memorial Day weekend where thousands of rubber duckies compete for prizes as they race down the wildcat river; and for all the birdwatchers out there, the ever popular Bicknells Thrush Tours on Mt. Washington where you can catch a glimpse of this rarely seen bird.
- Those looking to refresh their wardrobe or home decor this spring can enjoy tax-free shopping at the over 200 retail stores, outlets, boutiques, shops and galleries Mt. Washington Valley has to offer.